Never Ending
The
first scene is shot in the ‘present’ and this shows the audience that something
is wrong in the relationship. It’s set in either a kitchen/ bedroom. They’re
arguing and they feel upset about each other. Ruben wants to mend the
relationship but Jamie’s too stubborn to apologise.
*Shouting and screaming
at each other in the other room*
*Jamie storms into room
angrily*
*Ruben follows after
her*
R: *in a demanding tone and grabs her arm* “come back here” *pulls Jamie closer by the arm*
J: *offended* “get your hand off me”
R: “I don’t understand
why you’re getting upset about this”
J: *sarcastic facial expression* “Upset?” *slight pause*
“I’m not upset” *smiles*
R: “I can’t deal with
this right now”
*storms off* “I’m
going out, I’ll see you tomorrow” *exits*
J: *watches him leave*
*Anger builds up, picks up picture frame and
throws it at the door*
The
picture in the frame was actually taken on their first date. This takes us to
the second scene, which is a flashback to the ‘past.’ It is set in a café and
the two characters are having a conversation, trying to get to know each other.
R: “So, tell me about yourself? You
just moved to London, right?”
J: “Um, yeah, it’ll be two weeks
tomorrow, I think.”
R: “So.. How have you been finding
it? I don’t know about you, but when I moved down here, what is it, 5 years ago
(?), I found it kinda hard, especially not being round the corner from my
family and that…”
J: “ Yes! I know exactly what you
mean! I mean, it was definitely difficult at first, but I’m just glad I met
you. Thanks for taking me out today. I love it here, I can’t believe it’s only
around the corner!”
R: “You
look really nice today. I’m glad you returned my call.”
J: *smiles*
R: *smiles back* “So… How was your day?”
J: “It wasn’t too bad..
Just a normal day, I guess. I’m still getting use to the new job but it seems
to be going smoothly I think.” *nervous
laugh*
R: “Ah nice! Cathryn
said you’re running that new dance school in Elephant and Castle?”
J: “Yeah, it’s great, I
love it there. I’ve always been completely obsessed with interpreted dancing so
it’s pretty exciting. It’s like my dream come true! *Jamie laughs* but what about you? What are you into?
R: *enthusiastically* “I’m into sport but football is where it’s
at!”
J: *supportive* “Oh that’s pretty cool. So what team do you play for?”
R: “Oh well, I’m not in
an actual team, its just a few of us
meeting a couple times a week, you know..”
J: “Oh, ok.”
*A
few more seconds of silence*
R: “How’s your food?”
J: “I think there’s a hair in my
sandwich”. *Jamie begins to pick the food and laugh
nervously.*
R: “Should we get out of here?”
J: *Jamie smiles and nods*
Jamie and Ruben walk
together down the cobbled path
J (VOICEOVER): I could easily admit
that this was not the happiest day of my entire life but it definitely led to
them. For the next two years, I was completely in love. And for a while, I
thought we were going to spend the rest of our lives together.
No comments:
Post a Comment